Shawn Usha has over twenty years experience working with learners facing challenges. Finding the best way for learners to solve these challenges has been the consistent focus in all his work. Shawn works with passion and joy and brings a nexus of knowledge, experience, and creativity into finding solutions for each learner.
- Educational Therapist, Professional
Provide individual sessions for all ages of learners remediating skills, develop personalized study strategies.
- Learning Disability Specialist, Los Medanos College
Complete assessments, setup accommodations, counsel students on study strategies and self-advocacy.
- Educational Support Counselor, California College of the Art
Work one-on-one with students receiving services as a student with disability to develop study strategies tailored to their specific learning challenges.
- Educational Assessment Coordinator at Ann Martin Center (recently closed)
Complete intakes and plan assessment services. Collaborate with colleagues in providing comprehensive assessments, determining diagnostic interpretation, and developing specific list of recommendations.
- Primary assessor with hundreds of clients completing psychoeducational assessments.
- Trained in multisensory teaching methodologies (Slingerland) suitable for learners with learning disabilities.
- Extensive experience with requirements and standards for eligibility for services and accommodations with all levels of educational settings and for standardized testing agencies.